"Shoot For Story ~ Edit For Perception" [sm]
North County Photographic Society
San Diego Botanic Gardens, Encinitas CA
May 24, 2017
These are the references from past and current versions of this workshop.
If you can't find something we talked about please contact me.
- Photo Editing References
- Martin Evening, "Adobe Photoshop For Photographers"
- Vincent Versace, "Welcome To Oz 2.0" 2nd edition
- Photoshop Editing Techniques - Online Examples:
- Layers in Photoshop
- Dodge & Burn
- Curves for contrast and color correction
- HDR — High Dynamic Range
- Photo Criticism References
- Visual Literacy
- Jay Maisel, "Become a more interesting person"
- Geoff Dyer, "The Ongoing Moment"
- Roland Barthes, "Camera Lucida"
- Arthur C. Danto, "What Art Is"
- Philip Gefter, "Photography After Frank"
- Holly Burns
- Yaakov Asher Sinclair, "Seasons Of The Moon" Rabbi Yaakov Asher Sinclair
- Dorothea Lange, "Migrant Mother"
- Tod Papageorge, "Passing Through Eden"
- William Neill
- Ansel Adams
- Wesley Wong
- Minor White
- Jerry Uelsmann
- Marc Kitaen
- Tim Tadder
- Kurt Lightfoot
- Theresa Jackson
- Jim Richardson
- Huntington Witherill
- Frans Lanting
- Brooke Shaden
- Rocky Schenck
- John Moore
- Photography Organizations
- MoPA Museum of Photographic Arts
- "Pictures Of The Year International"
- "reGeneration: 50 Photographers Of Tomorrow"
- Sparks Gallery, San Diego
- Non-Photographic Sources
- Information Is Beautiful
- Searching for the Mind with Jon Lieff, M.D.